Monday, March 22, 2010

Excruciating Pain From Being an Athlete

I consider myself an athlete- someone who pushes until they break, someone who tries their hardest, someone who will go through angonizing pain just to get better at what they do, someone who enjoys running around and getting sore in areas that were never meant for you to get sore. I am an athlete.


It was the first day of tryouts and we got an email telling us to bring our tennis shoes instead of our cleats...this is when I began to worry. The day before I had just fell off my longboard on the the concrete--that was not forgiving. I had a huge gash on both of my hands, down my side, and on my elbow. I kept on riding after that. The day of tryouts my legs were so sore from the whole day of longboarding before.

When I heard that we needed to only bring out tennis shoes I knew we would be only running. We started off with a mile and a half. All I wanted to do was give up and walk. Just stop running. It would have been so easy. It had been the thing I wanted most to do, but I did not do it. I kept running, I pushed through, because I knew that in the end I would be so proud of myself for not stopping. That even though I was going what felt like hell now, that I was able to push through and conquer that run. the rest of that practice we conditioned. The next was the same thing, but ten times worse, because my legs were sore from the day before. Yesterday was the first day we actually touched a soccer ball. I am so sore, but so proud of myself for all the hardwork i've done. These are the benefits of being an athlete.

0 comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

United States
I'm your average Midwest teenager trying to get through life without too many bumps and bruises. Follow me on my daily adventures(:

My Followers(: